Decamethylcyclopentasiloxane Quick Details
Chemical Name: Decamethylcyclopentasiloxane
CAS No.: 541-02-6
Molecular Fomula: C10H30O5Si5
Molecular weight: 370.77
Appearance: Colorless transparent liquid
English synonyms: 2,2,4,4,6,6,8,8,10,10-Decamethyl-1,3,5,7,9,2,4,6,8,10-pentaoxapentasilecane;CD3770;cyclicdimethylsiloxanepentamer Cyclopentasiloxane, decamethyl-; D3770; Decamethylcylopentasiloxane; Decaαthyl-pentasil-pentoxan; Dekamethylcyklopentasiloxan
Decamethylcyclopentasiloxane Typical Properties
|Appearance||Colorless transparent liquid|
|Chroma (Co-Pt) ≤||10|
|Refractive index (25>℃>)||1.3960—1.3980|
|D5 mass fraction% ≥||99.0%|
Decamethylcyclopentasiloxane (D5) is a chemical substance that is a colorless, transparent liquid. The molecular formula is C10H30O5Si5
English synonyms: D5; Vola; D3770; kf995; CD3770; sf1202; vs7158; DC 245; SH 245; LS 9000
Widely used in cosmetics and body care products, it has good compatibility with most alcohols and other cosmetic solvents.
1. Hair care: Reduce drying time, remove thick sense, comb-wet
2. Skin care: No irritation, no blocking, easy to smear, reduce greasy feeling, rapid absorption, pigment deposition, smooth feeling/softening effect
3. Antiperspirant / deodorant: Reduce sticky feeling, has dry feeling in use, no imprinting on clothing surface, increase slippery feeling.
Under the acid, base catalyzed ring-opening to form silicone high polymer silicone oil, can also be directly used as silicone rubber filler treatment agent and cosmetic raw materials.
How to use D5?
It can be used directly as a carrier, a main raw material, or as an additive; it can also be used in an aqueous system by emulsification.
The recommended addition amount of this product is: 0.5-10%, and the customer can decide according to the actual use of the product.
200L iron drum (net weight 195kg/drum) sealed packaging
1.Stored in cool, dark, ventilated and dry place away from fire and heat. The storage place temperature should be not higher than 30℃;
2. No mixed storage with oxidants, acids and alkali. The storage site should be equipped with appropriate types and quantities of fire-fighting equipments;
3. Prohibit the use of the mechanical equipments and tools that are easy to produce spark in the operation of this product. Handle gently to avoid spillage caused by container damage.